Friday, June 8, 2007

"What happens in the Arctic doesn't stay in the Arctic"

- Ira Flatow, today on NPR's Talk of the Nation Science Friday. The topic is the effects of climate change on Alaska.

http://www.npr.org/templates/rundowns/rundown.php?prgId=5

Unfortunately I can't pay close attention to the show because I have work to do that requires concentration. But it's on the background, and when I get up from my desk and walk around, or if I shift my mental focus to the radio, I hear bits of the story, like intermittent traffic passing through my brain.

Since writing this, I've started listening, and I think listening to this show is probably more important than the work I'm doing. Although I won't get paid for listening to it.

On a side note, Science Friday is a great show. It's on every Friday (go figure), and it's a two-hour show, not a one-hour show. I mention that because the one station I get it on only plays the first hour, so for a time, I didn't know it was two hours long.

No comments: